Thursday, September 13, 2012

This Week's (Big) Small Find: The Mason Jar Shelf



Photos from Etsy shops-- from top left moving clockwise: (1) Twigs2Whirligigs; (2) LuckyMargo; (3) OldAndNewShoppe; and (4) Woodandmorestore.

As summer starts to wind down, I'm even more obsessed with bringing some of those beautiful summer blooms indoors.  I stick blossoms in everything from empty salt shakers to sweet bud vases and tuck them on the bathroom vanity, my nightstand and even on the mantle.  And almost always there is some sort of happy arrangement in a vase on our kitchen/dining table.

Imagine my delight, then, when I discovered these adorable vase-shelves?  Etsy has a whole assortment of them, using mason jars to charming effect, and it's only a matter of time before I choose my favorite and break down.

I've been trolling around Etsy for years now.  I call it crack for the virtual shopper.  It's amazing what Etsy has done to revitalize cottage industry crafts.  You can find anything there.  If you have some free time (and have already read all my blog posts of course!) you should really check it out.

The genius of these shelves is that they really maximize the use of your wall space-- which even we apartment dwellers have in some measure of abundance.  You can hang a scarf, store your keys, keep a book and display some flowers all at the same time... without taking up one square foot of your apartment!  Brilliant!

Do you have a (big) small find that you think small space dwellers would love to have?  Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers are thinking, please leave your comments here!